« Previous entry: 'OMG, Xtina: 'Great Legendtina of Former Floppiness''
» Next entry: 'OMG, a Q&A with Erasure's Vince Clarke'

!! OMG, cover war: 'Someone Like You' !!

VS.

OMG, cover: Glee's 'I Will Always Love You'
OMG, he looks painful: Fisto
OMG, if only: 'The Real Housewives of South Boston'
OMG, they're multiplying exponentially: 'Sh*t Black Gays Say: Part II'
OMG, ho...ho...ho: 'Nicholas Was...'

» posted by Phillip on Thursday, October 6, 2011
comments: 6 | category: Musical |

comments

Probably not fair but since I'm in love with Jay and have been for years I didn't even listen to the first one...

» posted by gary | October 8, 2011 8:31 AM

» posted by gary | October 8, 2011 8:27 AM

#2, duh. The harmony is cool in the first, and they both have good voices, but it's over-produced and they are ACTING a little too hard.

Jay Brannan is amazing all the time. He's so earnest and cuts out everything but the music and lyrics. He doesn't add unnecessary pop noise.

» posted by Kyle | October 7, 2011 8:00 AM

#2 is pretty well known already, mostly from his role in the movie Shortbus. He's really good, but I was underwhelmed by this rendition. At least it's live. I like the girl in the first video, but I agree about the over-earnestness - especially from the dude in that video. Yuck! Thumbs down to the studio recording overdub too.

» posted by Anonymous | October 7, 2011 7:55 AM

Yeah. Homovexedus took the words out of my mouth. The first sounded great, but it was probs vocally done in a studio. And they are too earnest. And the second guy? He was good, too. But too precious. I think being in a room with all three of them would drive me crazy. And the guitar guy needs to clean his room.

» posted by Rodders | October 6, 2011 10:11 PM

Number 2 wins purely because he didn't AutoTune the shit out of it like the techno-twins in the first one. Also: he's kinda cute.

But it's too slow.