« Previous entry: 'OMG, download the Trust remix of Feist's "Graveyard"'
» Next entry: 'OMG, smells like weekend box office: The "Fame" trailer'

!! OMG, fur wars: Lady Gaga gives PETA the middle finger !!

lady-gaga-fur_582x951.jpg

"For those press and such who are writing about whether or not my fur is actually real, please don't forget to credit the designer HERMES. Thank You! LOVE, gaga"

-- Lady Gaga's tweet commenting on the controversy she sparked with PETA after being photographed recently wearing fur ensembles

(via Towleroad)

OMG, "going to happen": Lady Gaga on gay marriage
OMG, already: Gaga reveals plans for her next album
OMG, is it October yet? Cher's Gaga duet just months away
OMG, when icons collide: Lady Gaga's Septemeber Vogue cover
OMG, you can almost smell the expensive hooker: Gaga's 'Fame' perfume ad

» posted by Phillip on Tuesday, August 14, 2012
comments: 10 | category: Fashionistic |

comments

She's not me and she never will be...

» posted by Madonna | August 16, 2012 4:12 AM

C'mon people, the coat she is wearing in this pic is FAKE FUR!

I followed the link to GaGa's tweet, where she cryptically referred to Hermes, the designer. Then I read some comments and did my own googling. The hermes fur is called "High Pile" fur - it is FAKE FUR. So everybody chill. I think GaGa was wise being coy about this. She could have just responded directly to peta and explain that it's fake fur. Insted, she is causing controversy and getting people to talk about fur and the inhumane practices of that industry!

» posted by EricRinNYC | August 15, 2012 3:04 PM

I find it hillarious that PETA and their apologists are in a tizy over animals. I heard a PETA spokesman actually say that Gaga was 'asking for it' - as if the wimpy fucking PETA losers aren't responsible for their terroristic threats and actions. Please throw something on Gaga so I can revel in her bodyguards throwing your malnourished pasty ass to the ground, hopefully breaking your neck in the process.

» posted by wetcnt | August 15, 2012 11:57 AM

curious, no one is calling animal cruelty on the leather louis vuitton bag she's carrying. no one ever does. it always takes a fur coat to get the animal rights activists all in a tizzy.

» posted by hid | August 15, 2012 1:00 AM

This is a Gaga low point. She influences so many, alleges to have concern for everybody- yet with all her resources and the option to have any coat feasable, she doesn't need to be gauche in this action. PETA is on the side of care, concern and goodness. Ms. Gaga could learn a thing..

» posted by pickles | August 14, 2012 10:59 PM

Ummmmm, Constantin...she's an Italian from New York. Where the hell did you get Russia?

» posted by Robert | August 14, 2012 8:44 PM

"I would never wear fur". Lady Gaga.

I'm with you on this one, Chuck. And quite frankly, I think Gaga is turning into all the things she started out trying not to be or represent. Her remark back to PETA is a tad too arrogant to my liking, sorry. She's free to do whatever, and I'm free not to support her in any way, shape or form from this moment on.

» posted by DeeperStill | August 14, 2012 5:12 PM

I support Gaga. Being from a country, where wearing fur is normal (Russia), I think that productions of normal fur should be continued and be monitered to not harm nature.

» posted by Constantin | August 14, 2012 5:04 PM

Is anyone surprised? She wore an entire outfit mad out of meat... lol

» posted by Brandon | August 14, 2012 3:52 PM

I'm on the same page with Lady Gaga on so many issues, but this is not one of them. I'm an animal lover to the core--but overall I'm always on the side of the voiceless group being attacked, which in this case would be the animals. Sorry, Gaga.

» posted by Chuck | August 14, 2012 1:48 PM