Horror king John Carpenter has always been one of our favourite horror filmmakers. It’s inspiring how much of a handle and input he had with his own films, especially early on when he would take to scoring and composing the music for the films himself.
So, it’s not really all that surprising that today his interests would span into the advanced storytelling art of video games. John, 65, often tweets reviews of games he’s playing via his Twitter account, and he recently gave GiantBomb a list of his top games of 2013.
Check them out after the jump! Do you agree with John’s list?
John Carpenter’s Best Video Games of 2013
1. ASSASSIN’S CREED IV: BLACK FLAG – Classic ASSASSIN’S CREED gameplay, awesome world, fabulous game.
2. FAR CRY 3 – Magnificent open world adventure
3. THE LAST OF US – Great characters make this a classic
4. DEAD SPACE 3 – Scary snow world and twitching monsters – Please dismember
5. REMEMBER ME – Unique female leading character in futuristic action game
6. BORDERLANDS 2 – I know, I know, it’s from 2012, but the last add-on is this year and this is a brilliant, funny, action-blasted game! My favorite!